In Tennessee, all residential properties with a fossil fuel burning heater, fireplace or attached garage are required to have a carbon monoxide detector installed. Make sure your home and your family are covered by:
installing a carbon monoxide detector on each floor of your home;
purchasing alarms with battery backups in case of a power outage;
performing weekly checks to ensure alarms are functional;
ensuring detectors are close to the sleeping area so they will be heard if the alarms go off; and
not idling your car in the garage, using a gas oven to heat your home or using appliances that do not vent fumes outside.